What is the Fox News app for Xbox 360®?
- The Fox News app for Xbox 360® is an on-demand video experience designed specifically for the Xbox 360® game console. Watch clips from your favorite Fox News programs and view the day’s most popular videos by accessing the app from your Xbox 360® dashboard.
What features does the Fox News app for Xbox 360® offer?
- The Featured section shows the top 5 video clips from Fox News, along with links to the day’s Most Popular videos, and your custom Playlist. Select View All to see all of the day’s latest videos.
- The Topics section allows to you to view videos from any news category, including Entertainment, Tech, and Politics. Select View All to see all available topics.
- The Shows section presents videos from all daytime, primetime, and weekend programs on Fox News Channel. Select any show to see a list of recent videos. Select View All to view a complete schedule and list of shows.
- While in the app, breaking news alerts will appear in the red banner at the top of the screen.
- You can also browse your own topics and people of interest by tapping Y or navigating to the Search section to find new videos.
How do I download the Fox News app for Xbox 360®?
- From your Xbox 360® dashboard, navigate to Apps, then select Apps Marketplace. The Fox News app can be downloaded from the Videos category, or by tapping Y and searching for Fox News.
Does the Fox News app for Xbox 360® cost anything?
- The Fox News app for Xbox 360® requires an Xbox Live Gold subscription. Visit www.xbox.com to learn more.
Can I watch Fox News Channel on the app?
- At this time, streaming Fox News Channel is not available through the Fox News app for Xbox 360®. On-demand video clips are available, however, for all Fox News programming by navigating to the Featured, Topics, or Shows sections.
Can I view Fox News videos while not connected to the internet?
- An internet connection to Xbox Live is required to view content in the Fox News app for Xbox 360®
Can I use my Kinect® sensor with the Fox News app?
- Yes, simply say “Xbox” or wave your hand in front of the screen to enable voice and gesture commands in the Fox News app. See your Kinect® documentation for setup and configuration information.
How do I save videos?
- While the video is playing, tap the A button on your controller to reveal the video controls, then tap Left to highlight the More Actions button. Tap A to select, then select Watch Later. A checkmark will appear to indicate that the video has been saved to your Playlist. You can also stop the video and save by tapping A, then selecting the square Stop icon on the video controls, and selecting Watch Later on the post-video screen.
How do I watch saved videos?
- Navigate to the Featured section and select Playlist. You’ll then see all of your saved videos. Select Sort By in the top left corner to sort your videos by publish date or alphabetically.
How do I remove saved videos from my playlist?
- To remove a saved video, navigate to the Featured section and select Playlist. Then select Remove underneath the video you would like to delete from your playlist. When you’re done, tap B to return to the Featured page. Alternatively, you can remove all of your Playlist videos at once by navigating to the Settings section, selecting History, and then selecting Clear Playlist.
How do I share videos to Facebook?
- While the video is playing, tap the A button on your controller to reveal the video controls, then lap Left to highlight the More Actions button. Tap A to select, then select Share. Follow the instructions on the screen to log in to your Facebook account, add a message, and share to your Facebook wall.
Videos play one after the other automatically. How do I turn this off?
- Navigate to the Settings section of the app, and select Options. Select Autoplay, which will toggle the video autoplay feature on/off.
How do I search for videos?
- Navigate to the Search section and tap Start Search, or tap Y from any page. Spell any keyword, topic, or personality to search for relevant videos. Tap Down to enter the search results, and Left/Right to see all available videos. Tap Sort By in the top left corner to sort the results chronologically or alphabetically.
How can I clear my search history?
- Navigate to the Settings section of the app, and select History. Select Clear Search History, then Confirm.
How do I turn off the breaking news banner?
- Navigate to the Settings section of the app, and select Options. Select Breaking News to toggle the banner on/off. Even when turned on, the breaking news banner will not appear all the time, only when there is a breaking news alert.
What if I have other questions or feedback?
- We would love to hear from you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions or feedback.